Sunday 23 May 2010

Recently Read- My Single Friend by Jane Costello

My Single Friend

I have just finished reading "My Single Friend" by Jane Costello. The book tells the story about Lucy who is 28 years old, has a successful career in PR, a great boss and the best friends a girl could wish for. However Lucy is flat mates with Henry who has been her best friend for over 20 years. One day Lucy and her friends decide to give Henry a makeover to un-geekify him so that he can get lucky in love as he isn't doing so well in that department. The makeover turns out to have unexpected outcomes with Lucy seeing a side of her best friend Henry that she never noticed before. Could Lucy be falling for her best friend Henry ?

What I loved about this book was that it was so funny from the start, and I knew from the first chapter that the book will quick,easy and an enjoyable read. The characters were easy to understand and likeable, also they all had a relevance in the plot. I couldn't put the book down while reading it as there were unexpected twists in the story that kept me reading on. 
If you need a book to take on holiday to read on the beach I recommend this book as its laugh out loud funny with a sweet romantic story as well.

Efexxx

No comments: