Saturday 8 May 2010

Blogger Event - Lisa Jewell

I had the pleasure of being invited to a blogger event this week and OMG the chance to meet Lisa Jewell. I was so excited cause I have only recently become a fan after only reading one book "Thirty Nothing" I knew straight away that she was going to be one of my new favorite authors. I loved how the story was told, loved the characters in the book, there were parts of the book that made me laugh, cry and so many other emotions her writing really brought the characters to life and I got so sucked into the book I couldn't stop reading it.I know the book I'm reading is a very good book when eating becomes secondary to me.I did wonder why it has taken me so long to discover Lisa Jewell's books but either way I'm glad I have.




The event/meet gave myself and other bloggers/writers the chance to find out about more about Lisa and how she started writing also what we as bloggers do and how we got started. It was an insightful evening listening to others talk about themselves over wine and nibbles and I felt inspired by what everyone had to say.


Lisa Jewell

Bloggers in attendance were
Yasmin Selena Yasmin's Myspace

One of the main highlights of the evening was Lisa's new book "After the party" which is the follow on from "Ralph's Party" which was written 11 years ago,it tells the story 11 years on in "After the party". I'm praying that my copy of "Ralph's Party" gets delivered from Amazon soon so I can finally read both books.


Ralph's PartyAfter the Party

It was also interesting hearing what the group had to say about how like the characters in the book their lives had changed over the past 10 years. I know that if you had asked me 10 years ago when I was about to turn 21 where I would be at 30? 99% of what I'm doing now would never have crossed my mind. I spent majority of my 20s being scared of getting into my 30s and now I'm at the start of it I think its one of the best things thats ever happened to me and I'm looking fwd to seeing what life has in store for me.

Lisa Jewell's Bibliography also includes
The Truth about Melody Brown
31 Dream street
A friend of the family
One hit wonder
Vince and Joy

Another highlight was the goodie bag we each got at the end that contained books from authors that I like. It's almost as if they read my mind, but I am starting to run out of storage space for books. I'll probably have to do a Carrie Bradshaw and start using my oven for storage as it doesn't do much else these days. 


Efexxx

3 comments:

Emma said...

What a lovely post! It was great to meet you....fingers crossed our 30's just keep getting better and better!!!

Efe said...

It was lovely meeting you too Emma , Im sure our 30s will be our best years yet =)

Anonymous said...

Love Lisa Jewell books, will def have to get this new one!