Thursday 10 June 2010

New Book Alert - My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares

Release Date in Hardback 24th June 2010

I have fallen in love and she is the one who endures me. 
I killed her once and died for her many times and I will have nothing to show for it. 
I always search for her. I always remember her.
I carry the hope that someday she will remember me.

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of "My Name is Memory" by Ann Brashares (author of Sisterhood of the traveling pants) and I'm glad I took the book along with me on holiday. The book is a real page turner and I was so hooked I couldn't put it away.

The book is the first book in a trilogy and what a great start with book one.
The book tells the story of Daniel who over time gets reincarnated and finds himself falling in love with the same girl over and over again Lucy. Their story spans a thousand years but sadly they are always torn apart and sometimes with fatal consequences.

What I loved about this book was the way Ann tells the story from Daniel and Lucy's points of view, also the story is told over time. The book can be described as The Time Traveler's wife  (due to the intensity of the story and it covers past and present times) meets Twilight or The Immortals, as all three books deal with the issues of forbidden/impossible/passionate true love.

If you love reading and love Ann's books or books like Time Travelers wife, Twilight and The Immortal series you will love this book, perfect for reading on the beach if you are jetting off for summer or at home while chilling.

I am also excited that a Hollywood movie version is on its way. I can't wait to watch it.

Efexxx  



No comments: